When you work in advertising, marketing, and media (as I do), public speaking and making presentations is part of the job. It can be a nerve-wracking part of the job. On our best days, it’s one of the pleasures that experience and expertise allow.
Presentations I’ve Made:
- “The Work of a Creative Director,” Guest lecture at Stan Richards School of Advertising & PR at the University of Texas, Austin, 2022
- “Ad Legends: The People, Creative Movements, and Legendary Work That Shaped the Modern Craft of Advertising,” Workshop at Signal Theory, Kansas City, MO and Wichita, KS, 2019
- “Fundamentals of Business Writing,” Xplane Annual Meeting, Portland, OR, 2017
- “The Need for Agility in Content Marketing,” Bend Web Marketers, Bend, OR, 2014
- “Paid Content in 2012 and Beyond,” Geekend Roadshow (part of Direct Marketing Association), Boston, MA, 2011
- Panel on Social Media, Portland State University, Portland, OR, 2010
- “How to Land Your Dream Job,” Meet the Pros, Omaha, NE, 2002
If you’re interested in inviting me to speak at your school, place of business, or next event, send me a note at david (at) davidburn dot com.