On the eve of the season’s first Presidential debate tomorrow night in Oranegburg, SC, I thought I’d take a look at what really mattersâ€”the number of MySpace friends each candidate has to his or her name.
- Barack Obama has 142856 MySpace friends
- Hillary Clinton has 39946 MySpace friends
- John Edwards has 24749 MySpace friends
- Dennis Kucinich has 7690 MySpace friends
- Bill Richardson has 7409 MySpace friends
- Joe Biden has 4375 MySpace friends
- Chris Dodd has 3106 MySpace friends
- Mike Gravel has 694 MySpace friends
But hey, let’s not say that numbers are everything. What kind of friends do these politicians attract? That must count for something (not at the polls, of course). With this in mind, Edwards the Handsome looks good. He has Liz for Edwards [& a better America] in his corner, for instance. Liz is 16, attractive, likes good music and isn’t afraid to express her progressive values. One of the stickers on her MySpace page reads, “I’m Straight, Not Narrow.” Another reads, “Born Okay the First Time.” Liz is too young to vote, but she’s already an influencer. Maybe there’s hope for America yet.